Web design for business and holiday property websites in the UK and Europe
Affordable business websites you can update
The web design offer below is for a brochure website for any type of small business promoting its services in the UK or Europe. Keep the website up-to-date yourself, changing the photos and the text in a content managment system (CMS). We set up each page initially with your text, photos, links. Excellent optimisation of key web pages (so they work well with search engines) is included as standard. You are free to request alterations to suggested designs after seeing them uploaded.
If you need a larger website, more functionality, or a bespoke design, email us your details and we will gladly send you a quote.
Mobile ready designs
We recommend having a responsive design for your business website so the layout will automatically adapt to the width of the visitor's screen down to an agreed width. We will make the design of your website responsive (and therefore mobile-friendly) providing the design you wish is suitable (note: designs need to be fairly simple and clean in order to work well in a responsive framework). Want to see a responsive design in action? The design of this website is responsive, and to see it respond, pull in one side of the browser to make the window narrower.
If you need further advice about mobile-friendly websites, just get in touch.
Website design offer
A user-updatable small-business brochure website using our hosting to promote a single property (if it's a holiday accommodation website) with a layout and look based on an existing website design (individualised with your colour scheme and fonts). The website will be set up using text, photos and links that you provide, which you can later change yourself using the website's content management system (CMS). The design will be made responsive (and so mobile-friendly) providing the layout permits. Optimised to work well with search engines. Offer includes the personal care, attention, and assistance from your dedicated designer, plus...
- Slick slideshow for the homepage
- Stylish lightbox to display larger versions of photos (w/o captions)
- Photo gallery (w/o captions)
- Up to 800 words per page
- Up to 7 main pages with up to 4 page layouts
- Up to 30 photographs resized and carefully presented
- Creation of all necessary pages using the first version of content you provide
- Text-based business name graphic
- Standard contact form with spam-prevention
- Encryption of your email address
- Social media links and/or widgets (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkedIn, etc)
- Other widgets installed (e.g. Tripadvisor)
- Installation of your Google/Bing map
- Excellent on-site search engine optimisation of key web pages
- Integration of Google Analytics (for visitor stats)
- NEW: Free set of favicons using your logo, business initials or photo
- NEW: Free addition of features to make the website comply with UK and EU cookie laws
- Addition of downloadable PDF docs (e.g. Terms & Conds)
- Help setting up your business email
- Submission of the website to Google and Bing
- Nothing to pay until the site is live and you are happy with it.
Browse our range of website designs.
Website hosting on reliable UK servers for sites built by us, where we remain responsible for their good working. Charged annually. A comprehensive web hosting and management package that includes:
- Hosting on reliable UK servers
- Up to 500mb disc space and 5gb bandwidth per month
- Free MySQL databases, e.g. for the CMS & calendars, etc.
- Business email address and mailbox (250mb)
- Email forwarding
- Auto-responders for email addresses
- Control panel (CPanel) to manage email accounts, etc.
- Your own FTP access, should you need it
- Free transfer for existing website
- Regular website maintenance to keep the software up-to-date and secure*
- Friendly and helpful email support
- Facility to move the site elsewhere whenever you wish.
*To remain secure, the CMS (content management system) software that your website is built with will require regular updating. Our hosting & management fee includes our periodically updating and upgrading the CMS to keep it secure. Plus, in the rare eventuality that the website is down, we will endeavour to get it back online ASAP, and in the vast majority of cases this will be done at no further charge.
- Availability calendar - an easy-to-update calendar to indicate the availability of a property.
See an example here. It can be accompanied by a table of prices. Single availability calendar installed for a one-off fee of £79
- Online booking system - add online booking to your calendar (you will need to give us your specifications - booking periods, surcharges, extras, payment gateway, etc.)
- Customised enquiry/booking forms
- Favicons & mobile icons
- Blog - either with or without visitor comments
- Mailing list registration - open an account with Mail Chimp and we will integrate that into your site
- Commercial photographs - if needed, we will research and purchase commercial photos for your site
- Copywriting - the design package above assumes you will write the text for the site. If you need us to research and write new material, we will gladly undertake that for a reasonable extra charge.
If you have other requirements for your website, drop us a line and we will give you a quote for incorporating the necessary components.
Want something a bit different for your website? Tell us what you have in mind, what you want to promote, send us the URLs of websites that set the standard for you or have design features you want your website to incorporate, and we will give you a quote to build a site completely from scratch. It will have a content management system (CMS) so you can control the content, and have our usual excellent SEO features built in.
A short intensive promotional service for new websites to make sure your website gets off to the best possible start with Google and the other search engines so that potential clients can begin to find your website when searching for relevant products/services in your area. This is in addition to the careful optimisation of individual pages that is included as standard in all our website design packages.
The website promotion service includes initial advice about realistic goals and assessment of the competition for given key phrases. Then it includes:
- Installation of .htaccess and robots files to assist efficient crawling of the site by the search engines.
- Submission of the website to Google, Yahoo, Bing
- Registration with Google Webmaster Tools
- Registration with Bing Webmaster Tools
- Creation and submission of Google sitemap
- Manual creation of a network of high quality incoming links
- Extensive use of our social media pages to promote your site
- Promotion of your website on our websites and blogs
- Advice about listing your website with business directories
- Assistance creating and optimising your social media pages
- Advice on your further promotion of the website.
The cost will depend upon your goals and the level of competition for the chosen key phrases.
Have a website with a fixed-width design that isn't at all friendly to visitors using tablet and mobile devices? What you need is a design upgrade to make the layout respond automatically to the width of the visitor's screen. This involves recoding the pages for the website and installing scripts that do things like serve smaller images to people using smaller devices (to help overcome the problem of slow page load times on poorer mobile connections).
This offer involves making the design responsive while leaving the rest of the look of the website unchanged. If you want a completely new design, see our offer above for a new responsive website with CMS and excellent search engine optimisation.
Click to see a sample Responsive Mobile-Friendly Website. Pull in the side of the browser to make it narrower and see how the layout adapts to the new width.
Note: All prices are inclusive. All design projects will be discussed first in correspondence. Then a written proposal with full terms and conditions will be drawn up for both parties to agree to. Any extra work will be discussed first and the cost agreed before work commences. Usually, payment is only requested upon successful completion of the project.